15 August 2009

Don't Kill the Chocolate...

Everything remains unchanged. Except perspective.

If you are bracing yourself for a tirade of upbeat oneliners; relax! I am not that optimistic. Too much optimism has always made me feel like too much sugar in a cup of chocolate - it is rather pointless and it kills the chocolate. I hate everything that kills the chocolate. I would not have believed it if someone told me that I would be discussing about killing chocolate today. But tomorrow is a newer day. Interestingly, I cannot make a list of five things that I positively will not talk about tomorrow - for the moment I mention it, I am sure I will find some way to talk about it. Such is the way of the human mind. But since life is a sine curve, things will always be improving, one way or, literally, the other.

The beauty of being at the bottom of the pit, is that there is only one direction to go up from there - Oops! I have already given away the punch of the line. Getting back on one's feet, can be a bit of a bitch at times. Particularly, when it is an absolute must you do. But the bottomline is, you do. And that is the only thing that counts. That, and an abacus. That counts rather well too. If you want one piece of advice that you can get buried with; just remember this - never, NEVER deal with a guy who plays for broke when he knows he is spiralling down. I am one of those guys. When the times go tough, I know that it is sometimes the smartest thing to lay low and wait for the tides to turn around... But I somehow find myself addicted to this fighting the hardest with the back to the wall scenario. Having perfected the art of writing without an audience (not in the TS Eliot way, but in a more-broke, nobody wants to read me kinda way), there is little else that an aspiring writer can do. Apart from giving up the aspiring and starting to write. Yesterday, all my troubles seemed far away. Because the day before, I had wanted to comfortably call it quits.

Yet, today, everything remains unchanged. Except perspective.

And perspective alters vision. That changes everything!

No comments: